Cleaning your Brooks running shoes is essential to keep them looking and smelling fresh while prolonging their lifespan. Remove any excess dirt or debris by gently brushing the shoes with a soft-bristled brush. If your shoes are muddy or stained, wipe them down with a damp cloth or sponge. Avoid using harsh chemicals or detergents as they can damage the material of your shoes. You can also remove the laces and wash them separately in cold water. Allow your shoes to air dry naturally, avoiding direct heat sources such as a dryer, as this can cause the shoes to warp or shrink.
Once dry, apply a shoe conditioner or protectant to maintain suppleness and protect them against the elements. Properly cleaning your Brooks running shoes will help improve their appearance and ensure that they are functioning at their best.
Cleaning Brooks running shoes is important to keep them in good condition and extend their life span. Here are the steps you can follow in cleaning your Brooks running shoes:
- Remove the shoelaces: Before you start cleaning, remove the shoelaces and wash them separately.
- Brush off the dirt: Use a soft-bristled brush or an old toothbrush to gently remove any dirt or debris from the surface of the shoes.
- Prepare the cleaning solution: Mix a small amount of mild detergent or dish soap with warm water in a bowl.
- Clean the shoes: Dip a clean cloth or sponge into the cleaning solution, wring out the excess water, and use it to clean the shoes gently. Be sure to clean both the upper and the sole of the shoe.
- Rinse the shoes: Use a clean cloth dipped in warm water to rinse the shoes, making sure to remove any soap residue.
- Stuff the shoes: After cleaning, stuff the shoes with paper towels or newspaper to help them keep their shape and to absorb excess moisture.
- Air-dry the shoes: Allow the shoes to air dry at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. Do not use a dryer, as the high heat can damage the shoes.
- Re-lace the shoes: Once completely dry, re-lace them, and they’re ready to wear!
Following these steps, you can keep your Brooks running shoes looking and performing their best.