It depends on the type of shoes you have. Some shoes can be washed in the washer, while others should not. Here are some guidelines to help you determine if your shoes can be washed in the washer:
Check the label: The first thing you should do is check the label on your shoes. If the title says the shoes are machine washable, you can wash them in the washer. If the label says they should be hand passed or dry-cleaned, do not put them in the washer.
Material: The material of your shoes is also an essential factor to consider. Shoes made of canvas, nylon, or polyester are safe to wash in the washer. However, shoes made of leather or suede should never be washed in the washer.
Remove the laces: Before washing your shoes, it is best to remove them. You can clean the laces separately in the washer or by hand.
Here’s What You Need to Know
- Many shoes can be washed in the machine, saving time.
- Shoes should only be washed when there is enough time to air-dry fully to avoid creating a moist environment.
- Whether it’s safe to put shoes in the washing machine depends on the material the shoe is made of.
- Cold water is better than hot water, as it can degrade the glue that holds the shoe together.
- When washing shoes in the washer, use the soft, cold water and no-spin settings to prevent damage.
- Fabric, cotton, or pleather shoes are generally safe to wash in the machine.
- Using the delicates or hand wash setting can help maintain their color for white shoes.
- Hand-washing sneakers are the best option, but washing them in the machine can work too.
- Shoes should be washed on a gentle cycle in the machine.
- Some machines even have a specific shoe cycle!
Overall, washing shoes in the washer is possible, but following the proper steps is essential to avoid damage. You can keep your shoes clean and fresh using the appropriate settings, materials, and methods without spending hours scrubbing them by hand.